BS11 BS90A British standard flat bottom rail
- Grade: 900A/1100
- Rail Heigth: 142.88mm
- Bottom Width: 127mm
- Web Thickness: 13.89mm
- Head Width: 66.67mm
- Length: 12-30m
- Model Number: BS90A (45E1)
- Type: Heavy Rail
- Application: Railway Rail
- Weight: 45.1 kg/m
- Old type: BS11-1985 Standard BS90A steel rail
- New type: EN13674-4 45E1 900A light steel rail
- Material: UIC860V 900A/1100
- Certificate: 3.1 MTC/Certificate 3.2 by Lloyd’s regiester
- Other name: 45E1 steel rail
- Producing standard: UIC860V
- Exportable international standard flat bottom rail
- Third party inspection 3.2 certificate
BS11 standard BS 90A steel rail is used for British Commonwealth of Nations, we can produce it by order, the MOQ is 500 tons.
|Specification: BS50 O,BS60A,BS60R,BS70A,BS75A,BS75R, BS80A,BS80R,BS90A, BS100A, BS113A|
|Standard: BS11-1985 EN13674-4|
BS11 standard steel rail
− qualification test and Standard EN 13674 – 1:2003 consists of two main parts:
− acceptance tests
Qualification tests are some other tests that were previously carried out, as for example, fracture toughness. Acceptance tests characterize the properties of the prescribed tests, which ensure production of high quality rails, and testing requirements of railway administration.
Quality of rails is based on measured values of hardness, by which they introduced new labels for steel rails.
Qualification testing must be conducted at least one in five years and the major
changes in technology, production rails. Additional testing residual stresses are carried
out on all types of steel rails every two years maximum, provided that the longitudinal
strain rate in the rails can amount to up to 250 MPa.
The prescribed qualifying examination is the following:
− fracture toughness
− fatigue crack growth rate
− fatigue testing
− residual stress in rail foot
− variation of centre line
− tensile strength and elongation
− other qualification requirements
Within acceptance testing is carried out a series of laboratory tests such as:
− chemical composition (the maximum content of the following elements: H, O, Al, V, N and oligo elements)
− microstructure (increasing x 500)
− degree of decarburizing charred layer (allowed up to 0.25 mm)
− purity of steel (especially the presence of oxide)
− macrostructure (Baumann test)
− tensile strength
Other acceptance testing rails are:
− dimension tolerances
− criteria (control template)
− inspection requirements / tolerances for to internal quality and surface quality
Internal state is examined ultrasound in a continuous process control, and includes at least 70% of the head and at least 60% web.
– Standard of UIC 860 V: 1996 – prescribed four types pearlite steel rails in the range of tensile strength from 700 to 1300 MPa.
– Standard EN 13674 – 2003, provides seven types pearlite steel hardness in the range 200 to 390 HBV, types steel in accordance with EN 13674, based on the values of hardness (R 200, R 220, R 260, R 260 Mn, 320 Cr, 350 HT, 350 LHT).