AREA 132RE steel rail is a type of steel rail used for railway tracks. It has a specific profile and dimensions that adhere to the AREA (American Railway Engineering Association) standards, with a weight of approximately 132lbs per yard. These rails are commonly used in heavy-duty railroad applications and are designed for high-speed and heavy-load trains. They are made of high-quality steel and have excellent wear resistance, toughness, and durability to withstand the harsh conditions of railway operations.
The specification of AREA 132RE steel rail is as follows:
– Weight: Approximately 132 pounds per yard (65.6 kg/m)
– Overall height: 7-1/8 inches (182 mm)
– Flange width: 6 inches (152.4 mm)
– Head width: 3 inches (76.2 mm)
– Web thickness: 21/32 inches (16.7 mm)
– Flange thickness: 1-3/16 inches (30.16 mm)
– Length: Standard length is 39 feet (11.89 meters), but can be customized to different lengths based on project requirements.
It is important to note that these are general specifications and may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer and the specific application in which they will be used.
AREA 132RE steel rail is commonly used in heavy-duty railroad applications where high-speed and heavy-load trains operate, such as mainline tracks, sidings, yards, and other areas where high strength, durability, and wear resistance are required. It is mainly used in the South America, but can also be found in rail systems in other countries that adhere to AREA standards.
No such mill can produce this type of rail, if the quantity is more than 1000 tons, we can special to produce it by order, the length can be 12 to 25m, hardness can be R260HB, SS and so on. If you need it, please contact us to ask the details.
Welcome to ask us the international standard flat bottom rails as below: